Red cabbage - sliced
2 large onions - sliced
2 large Bramley cooking apples - peeled and sliced
knob of butter
100ml Red Wine Vinegar
300ml hot water
salt and pepper
Put all the ingredients into the slow cooker give them a stir and cook for about 3 hrs on fast or 6 hours on low.
- The quantities and times given are a guide line only.
- Add 1 tsp of mixed spice and 1 tsp of cinnamon for a "mulled" flavour.
- The addition of a few raisins adds a new texture and flavour
- Substitute 100mls of Mulled Apple juice for 100mls of hot water
- Use up stuff you have in that you think will marry into the flavours already there
- Eating apples ( preferably tart) or pears can be substituted for the Bramleys
1st of December tomorrow and with only 10 makes left it looks like I will pull off my 50 makes for Christmas.
What are your Christmas dinner must haves? and can you make any in advance?