Friday 21 October 2016

Advent candle jam jar - 50 makes for Christmas - 26/50

I know this may be a little early for some but I have seen the chocolate Advent Calender's in the shops so I thought I would go for it.  I really enjoyed the Advent extravaganza that I made last year but this year I am at the opposite end of the spectrum keeping it incredibly simple. I felt that the 50 makes for Christmas challenge was enough to keep me out of mischief.





Using excel I have created a grids of numbers from 1 to 24, I played around with font sizes and style to ensure that when I printed it out it would fit onto the jar I had selected (it used to contain salsa!).  I have stuck it on and I will be marking of the days each night when I light the candle.

I was inspired by these

http://www.lifestyleinspiracje.blogspot.com/:


.:





You can use wax candles, battery operated or pop some fairy lights in the jar. I am treating myself to a nicely scented candle, we generally use the battery operated ones but I wanted this to feel special.  No chocolates with this but there are so many treats around at Christmas I don't think i will be going without.


Make 26 ticked off the list so just another 24 to go meaning I have made more I have left to make in my 50 makes for Christmas challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment