Monday 6 April 2015

... 5 of my favourite sewing blogs

Today I would like to share with you some of the sewing blogs that I enjoy, they all have their own style and have all offered me both entertainment and inspiration.

My top 5 favourite sewing blogs




First up is Handmade Jane www.handmadejane.co.uk

I love her homemade wardrobe, it is stylish,  beautifully co-ordinated and has a smattering of vintage. She is very open in the assesments of her projects and will let you know what went wrong as well as what went right.  If she is supplied with patterns or fabric etc she will let you know in the context of her blog without screaming it from the roof tops and as a blog reader I like this approach.



If you are fan of the Great British Sewing Bee this one will be no surprise, it is of course the fabulous Tilly and the buttons www.tillyandthebuttons.com

Although she left the GBSB in week 2 this has not held her back and she has gone from strength to strength, publishing her own patterns and more recently her book Love at first stitch. Her blog offers plenty of advice for novice sewers along with sew-a-longs for her patterns. It has been interesting to follow her and see her business grow.



Next up is Jennifer Lauren Vintage I came across this blog when I found out there was a blouse pattern that claims it can be made in an afternoon  .jenniferlaurenvintage.com  Based on a vintage pattern but upgraded for the modern body shape you can download this pattern and see for yourself. This is on my list of patterns to acquire and make, I am holding off as I have so many UFOs (UnFinished Objects) that I need to do something with before I start anything else.



I adore Tarsha's blog at by gum by golly   http://bygumbygolly.com/   her dedication to the vintage look is to be applauded.  She is both a sewer, a knitter and a thrifter, she recently published her second knitting pattern for a pair patterned mittens.  I love a bit of vintage and this blog takes you right back to 50's America.



And last but not least  gloriaandme.blogspot.co.uk    I came across this blog when I was making the skirt from the New Look pattern 6035, as a novice sewer it gave me a bit of confidence that it was OK if things don't always go to plan.  I believe the Gloria in the title is the name of her sewing machine



Ooops just realised this blog has taken me ages to write as I keep going into each of the blogs and getting distracted !

Now over to you, let me know who's blog would make it into you top 5




No comments:

Post a Comment